I absolutely LOVE Jewelry and i own way too much of it. My mum is always telling me, before I leave the house to go shopping, “don’t go and buy anymore jewelry.” But I do – I just can’t help it. Accessorize is the place to go if you r a jewelry lover like me! Here are some of my favorite items …
- Turkish Eye necklace – this was not actually from Accessorize (which is surprising) but it is actually from Turkey, Istanbul. They have hundreds and thousands of jewelry shops there selling loads and loads of beautiful gold and silver necklaces, brackets, earrings … you name it and they will have it. I saw this necklace though and fell in love with it! It is so simple but so elegant at the same time. It is my everyday necklace because it goes with everything and brightens up any outfit. It is silver and I think it was about £20, which is a bargain because I know I will be wearing this for years to come.
- Hanging Leaf – I got this necklace last year for Christmas and I have not stoped wearing it since. It is beautiful and from accessorize. it is simply a long hanging necklace with a rather large but delicate silver leaf on the end of it. It goes with high neck tops and most of my dresses too. It’s perfect if you need something to brighten up an LBD!!
- Golden ring bracklet – I didn’t know what to call this one so named it ‘Golden ring bracklet’ because it is a blue rope with lots if gold rings threaded on it. Again this is my eveyday bracklet and it is one the deputy head of taken off me before. I never wore bracklets before I got this one because I couldn’t get them on or take them off!!! But this one is easy because it doesn’t have a clasp. Likewise it’s from accesorize and I think it was around £8.
- Silver flower earrings – These are my most worn pair of earrings because you can dress them up or dress them down. Personally I like to wear them with a messy pony tail for a smart-casual occasion. I wore them pretty much eveyday of the Christmas holidays and now school is approaching, I’m going to be sad to leave them behind. These are actually from Santa Fe in America and they were from my grandparents who live there. I think they are so pretty and unique!!
- The statement gold necklace – I have saved this one for last because out of all the jewellery I own, this is my absolute favourite and I only wear it in special occasions. This is, to your surprise, from accesorize and I got it from my mum last year for Christmas. I think it was around £18. Which is well worth it’s money I think because I have worn it so many times and it looks way more expansive than it actually is. It looks great with any LBD because the gold really constants again the black. It is very modern and unique but it still looks gorgeous and classy at the same time.
Let me know if you like this kind of post and if you would like to see other posts like this.
Love Elle xxx
If you are having a hard time with school, friends, family or just feeling down, then I have one word of advice for you . . . SMILE!!!! Yep just SMILE. It seems like a simple thing but if you smile it does cheer you up and make you feel better. (there is some science behind it all but I don’t know what it is) so if you are feeling down now or even if you are not just smile to yourself and see how you feel.
It is my best friends and I’s thing, because we always say SMILE to each other in person or over text, with a really cheesy grin or lots of emoji faces, if one of us is down about something. So remember next time you are feeling down just SMILE to yourself and remember there is always something to be grateful for! Likewise say it to a friend to cheer them up, it could become your thing.
Lots of Love Elle xxx
Ok … I don’t know where to start but I just thought you would like to know a bIt more about me, so here we go…
- My name is Elle
- I’m 16 years old
- My nickname is Mellen
- That’s why this blog is called Mellen11 (the 11 is because my birthday is on the 11th and 11 is my favorite number)
- I have brown hair and blue eyes
- I have golden highlights in my hair because I am lucky that my nana is a hairdresser so she dies my hair however and whenever
- I have one brother but I have 4 very close cousins and we are as close as brothers and sisters
- I live with my mum and brother but we live very close to the whole of my mums family
- I play the cello and I have done since I was about 8
- My favourite subject is textiles, which lead me to my next fact
- When I am older I want to work in fashion and do textiles at university
- I my dream university would be London college of fashion because it’s LONDON COLLEGE OF FASHION and also my nana went there in the 60’s
- As well as being madly into fashion, I love sewing
- My nana used to sew so she got me into sewing and she has taught me everything I know now
- My favourite item of clothing I have made is a peplum top in a grey spotty material
- One day I want to live in London
- I love travelling and going in holiday, so next year I am going on holiday alone for the first time to America and Canada
- My favourite country is Italy. I feel in love with it last year when I went there with school, on choir tour. I cannot wait to visit again!!!
- My favourite food is pancakes ( my mum has secret recipe – she makes best the pancakes ever!!!!!)
- I do not like cereal (don’t know why …. I just do)
- My favourite food to have for a main, has to my nana’s roast. She makes one every Sunday for the whole family (about 16 of us) and nothing beats its
- I love one direction – I have seen them twice in concert and tehy were amazing!!!!
- My favourite member of 1D is Niall Horan
- But my celebrity crush is Liam Hemworth
- My youtuber crush is Alfie Deyes
- I can’t name favourite youtuber because there are too many to choose from but some of my favourite are…pointless blog, zoella, Tanya burr, inthefrow, thatcherjoe, sacconejolys, pixiwoo
- My favourite blogger has to be inthefrow … Victoria is my role model and if I get even 1% as good has her, I will be happy!
- My pet hate is chewing gum – I know it’s random but I cannot stand it
- My favorite TV show is Made in chelsea
- My guilty pleasure is cold pizza (again random but I love it and always tell my mum to make extra pizza so that I can have some for lunch)
- Every Saturday I run a 5k at the community organisation called park run. All of my family do it but they’re all faster than me so I run with one of my best friends
- I’m not massively into sport and I hate PE at school, but I do excersise to keep fit and have fun with my friends
- I am not competitive at all and that is partly the reason why I don’t like sport at school, and why I only do exercise for fun
- If I could wish for one skill… It would to be able to cook and bake
- My favorite high street store is new look and accessorize
- My favorite designer brand is JackWills
- My clothing must have is a simple tee from JackWills
- My beauty must have is the lasting collection perfection concealer
- I hate not having my nails painted and I get told off all the time at school for having my nails done, because we are not allowed…. Oops!!!
- My favorite brand of nail vanish has to be Barry M
Well , I think that is all guys ….. See you soon
Love Elle xxx